Welcome to debate: The postdoc dilemma
On 23 May the Young Academy of Norway launches its new report “Young researchers in Norway: Career paths and ambitions”. The launch is followed by the debate “The postdoc dilemma – when to stay and when to leave academia?”
Where: The event takes place at Klubben, Samfundet (Trondheim)
When: 23 May – doors open at 19.30 for mingling and some finger food, the event starts at 20.00.
Register: Entrance is free, but we ask you to sign up here.
First, Katrien De Moor from the Young Academy of Norway will present a number of key findings. Next, the panel discussion will address different topics and challenges related to the “postdoc career path”. How can you best navigate in and out of academia? How are you to balance between expectations inside and outside academia and for how long? When is it time to let go? We will also discuss which role research institutions can and should play in this respect, and how can they optimally support postdoctoral researchers.
- Pål Romundstad, Vice-dean for research at the Medical Faculty at NTNU and member of NTNUs postdoc career development pilot project “Postdoc Action”
- Anne Kjersti Fahlvik, Executive director, Business and Technology division, Research Council of Norway
- Edgar Lopez, postdoc and participant in the Postdoc Action pilot project, board member of SiN and coordinator of the mobility working group in Eurodoc.
- Katrien De Moor, postdoc and member of The Young Academy of Norway
- Jon Iddeng, Special adviser, Forskerforbundet
The panel discussion will be moderated by Nina Røkkum, president of DION and representative for the temporary employees in the NTNU board.